The Basin Triangle is located at the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges and is the heart of The Basin shopping precinct. It is a well-loved and used public open space.
In 2021 Council commenced a Masterplan for The Basin Triangle. This design process will set the strategic direction for the park and propose improvements that will expand on the park's existing features, reflect changing community needs for this open space to ensure current and future generations will continue enjoy and utilise it.
Following community consultation late last year, a draft Masterplan has been developed based on the community's feedback.
The development of a masterplan for The Basin Triangle is in line with the Knox Open Space Plan 2012-2022, which was developed with the Knox Community. The plan enhances and maintains local parks and open spaces and highlights the demand on parks and open spaces, as well as future opportunities for improvement.
Please note, this is a draft masterplan not a detailed design plan.
The key priorities of the masterplan are to:
- Ensure the park is safe and accessible for all users
- Provide safe pedestrian movement from the retail areas
- Provide wheelchair access to all main areas of the space
- Increase public seating to allow for increased future usage
- Provide for increasing population growth and changing needs
A Parking Management Plan for The Basin will be delivered separately to this project.
Stage 1 Community Engagement (November 2021)
- October 2021 – Detailed Site Analysis
- November 2021 - Park Score Community Survey and Assessment (62 participants)
- 23 November 2021 - Vision Community Workshop (18 participants)
Stage 2 Community Engagement (June 2022)
- Community invited to submit feedback on the Draft Masterplan
- Pop-up sessions held on site at The Basin Triangle
- Meetings with key site stakeholders of The Basin Triangle
The existing playspace is well used and loved by the local community. The Draft Masterplan proposes that a new nature based playground be built in the future, once the current playground reaches the end of its lifespan. This new playground would be located to the north of the park, enlarging the existing lawn area for events and community use. We are keen to hear if this is something that the community would support. The playspace would only be relocated in the future if the community supported this proposal.
We would like to know if we have it right because we want the best outcome for the local community.
Share your thoughts on the draft plan by Sunday 10 July 2022.
To share feedback, you can either:
- Attend a pop up session at the Basin Triangle (corner Mountain Highway and Forest Road, The Basin)
Friday 24 June, 1.30pm to 3.00pm, or
Saturday 25 June, 10.00am to 11.30am
- Complete the online form below
- Post your feedback to: Open Space Department, The Basin Triangle draft Masterplan, Knox City Council, Reply Paid 70243, WANTIRNA SOUTH VIC 3152
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Timeline item 1 - complete
Initial engagement for concept - March 2022
Timeline item 2 - complete
Develop draft plan - March - June 2022
Timeline item 3 - active
Community engagement on draft plan - June 2022
Pop Up Sessions at The Basin Triangle:
Friday 24th June - 1.30-3pm
Saturday 25th June - 10-11.30am
Timeline item 4 - incomplete
Report on engagement findings - July 2022
Have questions or want to learn more about a project, contact us below: