The excitement is building...
Construction of the new all abilities playspace at Stud Park in Rowville will commence in June 2023.
Thank you to all participants who took part in the community engagement activities, provided feedback on
the proposed renewal of the playspace and helped us to generate ideas for the new design. A summary of the community engagement is available.
How to explore the final design
- Click on the coloured icons on the illustration below to see an image and description of each new playground feature.
- View a full sized version of the map by clicking the arrows in the right hand corner.
The design concept is farmyard themed, to honour and reflect the farming heritage of the Rowville area.
Some of the key features of the new playspace include:
- a large pioneer style farm structure
- a mammoth swing
- an accessible tractor for children to climb
- a sandpit with water play
- multiple interactive play elements.
The new playground will also:
- be fully fenced and have access gates in two locations.
- Have additional picnic seating in and around the playspace.
We are dedicated to creating an all inclusive playspace where all children no matter their ability, age, cultural and social background, can play together side-by-side and parents, grandparents and carers feel welcome too.
Following the motto of 'Can I get there?' 'Can I play?' and 'Can I stay?', the design addresses these considerations ensuring the playground is accessible for the whole journey including arriving at the carpark, accessing play equipment and using public facilities.
The design also includes:
- wheelchair-accessible ramps to as many parts of the new playground as possible.
- communication board to identify playground elements with images for children who struggle to express themselves verbally
- a guide to each playground area and the type of play that can be enjoyed including motion play, imaginary play, sensory play and social play.
The design was developed using feedback from extensive community consultation.
Feedback was received online via surveys and ideas walls made available on our Knox Have Your Say webpage and also in person via local pop-up information sessions at Stud Park Shopping Centre and Wellington Village Shopping Centre.
The timeline for consultation:
- February 2021 – first consultation about what you would like us to include in the new playspace.
- October 2021 - the draft concept design was presented to you for further feedback
- December 2021 - consultation on the final draft detailed design
Refer to the Community Engagement Summary below for further information.
Timeline item 1 - complete
Share your favourite moments at the playground.
Timeline item 2 - complete
Let us know what would you like to see in the playground.
Timeline item 3 - complete
Form the concept
We collate your ideas and prepare a concept.
Timeline item 4 - complete
Have your say on the concept
Comment on the concept, prioritise your ideas and fill in the gaps.
Timeline item 5 - complete
Prepare a detailed concept
We prepare the detailed concept based on your feedback.
Timeline item 6 - complete
Have your say on the detailed concept
Provide your feedback on the detailed concept.
Timeline item 7 - complete
Prepare final design and documentation
Based on recent feedback, we will refine some elements before preparing the final plans.
Timeline item 8 - complete
Tender for a contractor
Council will tender for a contractor to build the new playground.
Timeline item 9 - active
Build the playground
We will bring your vision to life.
If you have a question or want to find out more about this project, please contact us:
|Name||Open Space and Landscape Design Team|
|Phone||03 9298 8781|