Based on your feedback, we have developed a draft masterplan for Kings Park, Upper Ferntree Gully. We'd love to know your thoughts. Have we got it right?
Your input will help us to refine the draft masterplan to further improve the park for the community now and into the future.
Have your say on the draft masterplan
To share your feedback, you can:
- Leave your feedback online in the 'Share your thoughts' section below
- Attend one of our in-person drop-in sessions:
- Wednesday 15 February 2023 from 11am - 1pm at Ferntree Plaza, 1202 Burwood Highway, Upper Ferntree Gully
- Sunday 19 February 2023 from 7.30am - 10.30am, Kings Park, Ferntree Gully
- Post a written response (no stamp required) marked ‘Kings Park Masterplan’ to:
- Open Space, Knox City Council, Reply Paid 70243, Wantirna South VIC 3152
Feedback will close Monday 6 March 2023.
Drop In Sessions
Wednesday 15 February 2023 11:00 am – 01:00 pm
Drop In Session #1
Held at the Ferntree Plaza, 1202 Burwood Highway, Upper Ferntree Gully, Victoria 3156
Sunday 19 February 2023 07:30 am – 10:30 am
Drop In Session #2
Held at Kings Park, Ferntree Gully, VIC 3156
(Timing of session is to make it more convenient for residents to attend should the forecast for the day suggests high temperatures.)
More about this project
Located in Upper Ferntree Gully at the foothills to the Dandenong Ranges, Kings Park is a hub for local sport and recreation and the heart of regional baseball, junior athletics, AFL and cricket in the Upper Ferntree Gully region. The facilities set in an attractive and much-loved parkland setting encourage local residents and visitors to get outside to play, exercise, walk the dog and be active, whatever their fitness level or ability.
In 2021, we commenced a Masterplan for Kings Park. This design process will set the strategic direction for the park and propose improvements that will expand on the park's existing features, reflect changing community needs for this open space to ensure current and future generations will continue enjoy and utilise it.
The development of a masterplan for Kings Park is in line with the Knox Open Space Plan 2012-2022, which was developed with the Knox Community.
The masterplan will set out the future direction and goals to ensure that both existing club and community needs are met and improved on through upgrades to the existing sporting infrastructure, improvements to the informal community spaces and trails and through environmental and sustainable initiatives.
Please note, this is a draft masterplan not a detailed design plan.
Stage 1 Community Engagement (Gather initial feedback)
- October 2021 – Detailed Site Analysis
- November - December 2021 - Meetings with key site stakeholders
- 22 November 2021 - 14 January 2022 - Online community survey (150 participants)
- December 2021 - Infield park user survey (56 participants)
Stage 2 Community Engagement (Draft masterplan)
- Community invited to submit feedback on the Draft Masterplan
- Drop In sessions held on site at Kings Park, Ferntree Gully and Ferntree Plaza
- Meetings with key site stakeholders
Timeline item 1 - complete
Gather initial feedback
Collect information on respondents’ seeking input/ ideas for improving the park as a local recreation destination
Timeline item 2 - complete
Review feedback and develop draft masterplan
Use feedback received during the first phase of engagement to develop a draft masterplan
Timeline item 3 - active
Community engagement on draft masterplan
Share your thoughts
Timeline item 4 - incomplete
Final draft masterplan development
Display final draft masterplan and report on engagement findings
Timeline item 5 - incomplete
Provide all necessary material and present at a councilor briefing forum
Timeline item 6 - incomplete
Prepare final masterplan and cost plan
If you have a question or want to learn more about this project, please contact:
|Name||James Augoustakis from the Knox City Council Open Space Team|
|Phone||03 9298 8781|