We seek your feedback on our proposal to sell 2 Council properties that have been declared as surplus. Your feedback will help guide Council's decision.
Both properties are former locations for our Family and Children’s facilities and services. The addresses are:
- 27 Tyner Rd, Wantirna South
- 276 Wantirna Road, Wantirna
Council is proposing to sell the 2 properties for the following reasons:
- they are surplus properties
- to recoup the costs for the development of the Bayswater and Wantirna Children and Family Centres
- because retaining these properties will result in significant costs to upgrade and maintain under our Sustainable Building and Infrastructure Policy
We are undertaking a statutory process and seek community feedback on this proposal following the Local Government Act 2020.
Future use and development of these sites will be guided by the Knox Housing Strategy, along with the underlying residential zoning that applies to each site. The site at 27 Tyner Rd, Wantirna South is currently included within a Knox Neighbourhood area (under the Neighbourhood Residential Zone – Schedule 4), and 276 Wantirna Rd, Wantirna is designated as an Activity Area (under the Residential Growth Zone – Schedule 1). Design guidance for the different residential areas can be found within the Knox Residential Design Guidelines.
After community consultation has closed, Council will consider all submissions when making the decision at a future Council meeting.
If the decision is to sell the properties, the properties will be listed for sale and go through a public auction process.
Have your say by Sunday 24 July 2022
To share feedback, you can either:
- Attend a pop up session:
27 Tyner Road, Wantirna South on Saturday 25 June, 9 to 10 am
276 Wantirna Road, Wantirna on Saturday 25 June, 11 am to 12 pm
- Complete the below online form(s) by clicking on the relevant property below
- Post your feedback to: Property Management department, Proposal to sell 2 Council properties, Knox City Council, Reply Paid 70243, WANTIRNA SOUTH VIC 3152
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Timeline item 1 - complete
Community engagement on proposed sales – June/July 2022
Timeline item 2 - active
Feedback considered and report prepared for Council – September 2022
Timeline item 3 - incomplete
Report back decision to community – late 2022
Have questions or want to learn more about a project, contact us below:
|Phone||03 9298 8000|