In Victoria more than 76,000 babies are born each year. Disposable nappies account for up to 15 per cent of all waste sent to landfill.
We are developing a feasibility study into local government reusable nappy programs alongside 11 other councils.
We hope to:
- better understand how we can help reduce the volume of disposable nappies sent to landfill
- encourage cost effective and environmentally friendly nappy choices.
We invite you to share your experience with nappies by taking part in this survey. We would like to learn:
- What type of nappy does your baby use?
- Did you know there are other options to disposable nappies?
- Have you used reusable nappies? Or would like to know more?
To take part, please complete the online survey via the link below by 24 February 2022.
This project is supported by the Recycling Victoria Councils Fund and delivered by Sustainability Victoria, on behalf of the Victorian Government.
Timeline item 1 - active
Survey for feasibility study - January and February 2022
Timeline item 2 - incomplete
Report on engagement findings - March and April 2022
If you have questions or want to learn more about this project, contact us below: