Proposed Fenced Off-lead Dog Area
There is currently only one fully-fenced dog park within Knox, located in Knoxfield. As a result of a number of requests from the community, we are investigating and identifying sites for future dog park areas across Knox and have resolved to commit future funding to the design and delivery of three additional dog parks in Knox at Wantirna Reserve in Wantirna, Llewellyn Reserve in Wantirna South and Emerson Place Reserve in Rowville.
We've recently received $275K State Grant Funding from Dept. Environment Land Water and Planning (DELWP) for delivery of the dog park at Emerson Place Reserve, Rowville and have prepared a draft concept plan for community consideration.
What’s has been included in the design (following community feedback):
- A fenced off dog park area
- Fencing to be low to the ground to restrict small dogs getting out and any wildlife getting in
- A separate fenced area for smaller and/or timid dogs
- Double gate access
- Drinking fountain for dogs and people
- A small shelter and additional trees
- Signage on acceptable dog/owner behaviour and signs regarding dog body language
- Bins for waste
- Additional car parking area
- Retain existing parkland facilities at the reserve.
We would like to get your comments on the design for the proposed fenced dog off-lead area and additional carpark. Submissions close 17 September.
Please note that the existing areas surrounding the proposed fenced dog off-lead area within Emerson Place Reserve including the playground, hard court area, exercise equipment and grassed open spaces will be retained for ongoing community use