Knox is a place to call home. Our community is strong, healthy and we support and respect each other.
This Key Direction is about:
- Making time to look after ourselves, physically and mentally
- Maintaining connections with others – social, cultural and spiritual
- Volunteering time or join community groups
- Showing respect, embracing differences and supporting others
- Ensuring there are good quality support services for those most in need
- Providing safe spaces for those most vulnerable.
Some of the initiatives that Council will undertake to contribute to this Key Direction are:
- Respond to emerging social and health issues caused by the COVID‐19 pandemic.
- Prioritise mental health and wellbeing initiatives by focusing on community partnerships and collective impact
- Contribute to the collective efforts in preventing and responding to family violence.
- Work in partnership with local First Nations people, relevant services and key networks to progress Reconciliation.