2022-23 Draft Annual Budget
We would like your feedback on the 2022-23 Draft Annual Budget.
Our 2022-23 Draft Annual Budget has been designed to action the things that the community told us were most important to them, while being conscious of what we need right now.
We’re focusing on delivering funding that will help our residents, businesses and community organisations continue to rebuild and recover from the pandemic.
Please submit your feedback below by 5:00 pm on Sunday 29 May 2022.
The final budget is expected to be adopted at the Council Meeting on 27 June 2022.
Our priorities include:
- Help our community with their social and health issues caused by COVID‐19 pandemic.
- Supporting local businesses through their post pandemic challenges.
- Help low income and homeless people find a place to live.
- Reduce food waste going to landfill.
- Working towards net zero emissions by 2040.
- Honor and integrate First Nations culture into actions and environments.
We’re also investing in our community facilities and infrastructure, including:
- Improving roads and drains.
- Upgrading sports grounds and facilities.
- Upgrading community facilities.
- Building new footpaths and cycling paths.
Council has allocated $106.9 million towards the ongoing delivery of services to the Knox community.
Other financial documents
The following documents have been updated to reflect the 2022-23 Draft Annual Budget:
- 2022-2032 draft Financial Plan
- 2021-25 Revenue and Rating Plan
Give us your feedback
We invite you to share your thoughts on the:
- 2022-23 Draft Annual Budget
- 2022-2032 Draft Financial Plan
- 2021-25 Revenue and Rating Plan
How to give us feedback
If you would like to prepare a budget submission for Councillors to consider, you can do this online or through the post.
Online - complete the form below or upload a document (PDF or Word doc)
Post - please address your submission to:
Chief Executive Officer
Knox City Council
511 Burwood Highway
Wantirna South VIC 3154
Please submit your feedback by 5:00 pm on Sunday 29 May 2022. Late submissions will not be accepted.
We are holding a submission hearing with Councillors on Thursday 16 June 2022.
Everyone who provides feedback on the budget has the opportunity to speak to their submission at this hearing.
If you would like to present your submission in person, or have someone speak on your behalf, please let us know when you enter your submission.
Privacy Notification Statement
- Your personal information will be used by Council for the purpose of contacting you to provide feedback on the outcome of your submission or to speak with Councillors in considering submissions.
- It is not compulsory for you to provide Council with your personal information.
- If you do not, Council will be unable to contact you to seek further information on your submission or to inform you of the outcome of your submission.
- Public submissions are placed on a Council file and retained in accordance with the Public Records Act.
Timeline item 1 - complete
Community feedback on the draft financial documents (closing 5 pm on Sunday 29 May 2022)
Timeline item 2 - complete
Budget submission hearing (Thursday 16 June 2022)
Timeline item 3 - complete
2022-23 Annual Budget due to be adopted by Council (Monday 27 June 2022)
Engagement on previous budgets
If you have any questions or want to learn more about this project, please contact us below:
|Name||Navec Lorkin, Finance Department|