Help shape the future of public art in Ferntree Gully Village.
We have embarked on a public art planning process for Ferntree Gully Village, and would like your feedback.
Public art can help to:
- improve community safety through pedestrian walkways
- increase connections for Ferntree Gully residents, visitors and traders
- beautify and create interest in Ferntree Gully
- encourage foot traffic through the shopping precinct
- attract and retain businesses.
Creating a plan
Feedback from the community and the local arts sector will inform the development of the Ferntree Gully Reclaiming Public Spaces Plan.
The Ferntree Gully Reclaiming Public Space Plan will aim to:
- outline the community vision and goals for public art
- identify key opportunities for projects and initiatives
- encourage community involvement.
This plan will:
- identify the key sites, themes, styles and scope of public artworks for the village
- include budget and proposed timelines
A number of projects identified as 'quick wins' will be delivered in June 2022.
How to get involved
To share your thoughts, you can:
- add a comment to the map below
- complete the survey below
- register below to attend a site walk or online workshop.
Have your say by Friday 15 April 2022.
Your responses will help us to better understand how public art can impact the quality of life and sense of community pride.
Examples of public art
Site walk and online workshop
Register here to join us on a site walk.
Register here to join an online workshop.
Timeline item 1 - active
Community engagement - March 2022
Timeline item 2 - incomplete
FTG Reclaiming Public Space Strategy developed - May 2022
Timeline item 3 - incomplete
Prepare and deliver stage 1 projects - June 2022
Timeline item 4 - incomplete
Prepare and deliver stage 2 works - July 2022 to June 2023
If you have questions or want to learn more about this project, please contact: