We are seeking your feedback on the draft Ferntree Gully Placemaking Plan.
We developed this plan by listening to community feedback on Ferntree Gully Village.
Community members have told us they want to see:
- the return of the once vibrant and historic township
- the Village become a strong tourism destination as a gateway to the Dandenong Ranges.
This project was initiated by Councillors and the community.
What is placemaking?
Placemaking is about using art to transform public spaces to strengthen the connections between people and these places.
By developing the draft Ferntree Gully Placemaking Plan, we hope to:
- improve community safety with pedestrian walkways
- increase positive connection to place for Ferntree Gully residents, visitors and traders
- use the arts to beautify and create interest in Ferntree Gully
- encourage foot traffic and support activation
- attract and retain business in Ferntree Gully.
As promised, a number of 'quick win' projects have started. They include:
- Horologist Lane light box infrastructure to be installed early August. This will allow community exhibitions to be rotated throughout the year.
- Delivery of children’s workshops focusing on local nature themes. The artwork will form the inaugural exhibition in Horologist Lane.
- Delivery of a mural that reflects consultation themes and that is centrally located in the Village in September/October 2022.
Have your say
Please tell us if the draft Plan reflects what you see for the future of the Village.
You can have your say on the draft plan by Sunday 11 September 2022.
To share your feedback, you can either:
- provide your feedback or upload an image below
- post your feedback to: FTG Creative Placemaking Plan, Knox City Council, Reply Paid 70243, WANTIRNA SOUTH VIC 3152
- email your feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive project updates, please click the 'Follow' button at the top of the page.
Timeline item 1 - complete
Community engagement - March 2022
Timeline item 2 - complete
Draft FTG Reclaiming Public Space Strategy developed - July 2022
Timeline item 3 - active
Prepare and deliver stage 1 projects - June 2022 - June 2023
Timeline item 4 - incomplete
Prepare and deliver stage 2 works - July 2023 to June 2024
Projects requiring further planning and resource scoping
If you have questions or would like to get involved in the proposed projects, please contact: